White Castle is giving out its Original Slider Stuffing recipe just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday, according to a press release.
The recipe was first introduced in 1991 when a White Castle team member enhanced her grandmother’s family stuffing recipe with a sack of Sliders.
“Food, fellowship and memorable moments mark a great Thanksgiving, and White Castle is happy to have played a role in making that a reality for more than three decades,” Jamie Richardson, vice president at White Castle, said in the release. “All of the Slider Stuffing recipes are simple to prepare but pack a heap of flavor, making it the preferred choice of both kitchen veterans and novices trying to make the ideal Thanksgiving side dish.”
White Castle produced the Kickin’ Southest Stuffin Muffins in 2022. Other versions of the Slider stuffing include the Impossible Slider Stuffing, which uses the Impossible Slider as the base, the Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Slider Stuffing and the Southwestern Jalapeño Cheese Slider Stuffing.
“The bird may get the headlines, but it’s the stuffing doing the heavy lifting with these innovative Thanksgiving recipes,” Richardson said. “You’ll always receive an invitation to join in the festivities as long as you continue to bring a White Castle Slider Stuffing recipe.”
White Castle Original Slider Stuffing Recipe
Prep time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Servings: About 9 cups of stuffing (enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey)
- 10 to 12 White Castle Original Sliders, no pickles (from a Castle restaurant or a local retailer)
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1¼ teaspoons ground thyme
- 1½ teaspoons ground sage
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or 1 cup for casserole version)
- Tear the Sliders into bite-sized pieces and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add diced celery and seasonings.
- Add ¼ cup of chicken broth and toss well.
- Put stuffing into cavity of the turkey and cook as you normally would.
- If cooking stuffing as a casserole, add an additional ¾ cup of chicken broth and toss well.
- Spray or oil a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Transfer stuffing to casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
White Castle operates more than 350 restaurants.