Sajj Mediterranean, a Bay-area based fast casual concept known for its customizable eats, has launched build-your-own family meals available online, through the app, website, delivery marketplace apps or in-store at all restaurants. Starting at $59.95, and offering a variety of proteins, grains, spreads, hot sides and more to allow families and friends to easily feed a group, the meals join the menu due to positive feedback from the chain’s original family meals.
“One of the things that our guests love is the customizable options and flexibility that SAJJ ordering provides, and we wanted to expand this to a new build-your-own family meal to make ordering dinner even easier for the whole family,” Zaid Ayoub, CEO and co-founder of Sajj Mediterranean, said in a company press release. “With our guests’ ever-changing buying habits and the evolution of the dining experience, we wanted to enhance our family meal options and make it easy and convenient for guests to enjoy all of the fresh ingredients and flavors offered at SAJJ.”
Sajj Mediterranean’s build-your-own family meals serve four and include:
- Choose 1 Protein Option: Falafel, Chicken Shawarma, Steak Shawarma (+$4.95) and Pomegranate Chicken.
- Choose 1 Grain Option: Turmeric Rice or Couscous.
- Choose 1 Spread Option: Hummus, Tzatziki or Garlic Spread.
- Choose 1 Hot side Option: Sumac Cauliflower or Eggplant Ragout.
- Choose 2 Cold side Options: Mixed greens, wild arugula, tomato cucumber mix, cabbage, garbanzo beans, diced pickles, diced beets, sumac onions or cherry peppers.
- Choose 1 Sauce Option: Tahini sauce, spicy tahini sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, lemon olive oil, cilantro mint chutney, hot peri sauce.
- All meals will also include Pita Bread, Lentil Soup and Tahini Sauce.
Additionally, returning on March 13 and another result of consumer demand, Sajj is reintroducing its homemade drinks. Mint Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade and Tamarind Drink will replace the beverage options on the menu, and will be available across all locations.
The chain operates 11 restaurants throughout California, five licensed locations with more slated to open this year, food trucks, catering services and nationwide shipped meal kits.