Redler will serve as chairman for one year. / Photo: Shutterstock
Scott Redler, co-founder and COO of Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, has assumed the chairmanship of the National Restaurant Association for 2023.
He’ll be assisted in that role by Jeff Lobdell, who assumes Redler’s prior honorary post of vice chairman. Lobdell is the founder and president of Restaurant Partners Management, an operator of 12 restaurant concepts in Michigan.
Named as treasurer of the association was Richard Schneider, COO of airport concessionaire Areas USA.
The selection puts Schneider in a line of succession that will elevate him to association chairman in 2025. Lobdell will move up to the top job next year.
Each will serve a one-year term in their current roles.
The association also announced the appointment of 13 executives to its board of directors. The appointees and their companies are:
- Damola Adamolekun, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Anthony Anton, Washington Hospitality Association
- Greg Cook, Ecolab
- Steve Danon, Restaurant Brands International
- Tiffany Derry, T2D Concepts
- Matt Johnson, Barley’s
- Juan Martinez, Martinez Hospitality
- Roni Mazumdar, Unapologetic Foods
- Aileen Reilly, Beast + Bottle Group
- Peter Sclafani, Making Raving Fans Hospitality Group
- Kevin Spratt, Rich Products
- Joshua Suggs, Delta’s Restaurant
- John Tallichet, Specialty Restaurants Corp.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.