It’s not hard to understand the sales-driving power of beer cheese: Combine the comfort-food appeal of cheese with the fun of a beer infusion, and the result is an ultra-versatile sauce that restaurateurs and diners alike will love getting creative with.
According to Ignite menu data, consumers’ favorite way to enjoy beer cheese is as a topping or dip with pub-food classics. Among LTOs featuring beer cheese, consumers report the highest purchasing intent for beer cheese-topped french fries, grilled chicken sandwiches, cheeseburgers and nachos, as well as chicken tenders and soft pretzel bites served with beer cheese on the side.
Despite the sauce’s popularity, however, only 0.3% of operators offer beer cheese, according to Ignite menu data. This gives operators an opportunity to get ahead of the curve on the trend—and these recipes are a great place to start.
- Beer Cheese Reuben – For another satisfying sandwich option, elevate a Reuben—featuring marbled rye bread, corned beef, sauerkraut and sliced Swiss—with a warm layer of beer cheese spread on one (or both) of the bread slices.
- Beer Cheese Tots – This recipe takes the formula for nachos and gives it a pub-food twist. Top crispy, hot tater tots with red onion, tomato, jalapeno, avocado and parsley before drizzling generously with warmed beer cheese.
- Beer Cheese Mac – Serve this spin on a comfort-food classic as a starter, side or even an entree. Stir beer cheese into cooked cavatappi pasta with bacon, onions, bell peppers and carrots before topping with buttered pretzel pieces, diced scallions and bleu cheese.
- Beer Cheese & Potato Soup– It takes just six ingredients to craft an indulgent soup with a gourmet twist. Simmer Craft Beer Cheese Dip from J.T.M. Food Group with diced cooked potatoes, cooked bacon and heavy cream, garnish with diced scallions and serve.
- Beer Cheese Chicken Sandwich– Who knew a chicken sandwich could get even trendier? Try serving grilled chicken breast on a toasted pretzel bun with beer cheese, baby spinach, tomato and red onion.
- Beer Cheese & Bacon Burger– Take a bacon cheeseburger up a notch with a pretzel bun and beer cheese, plus classic fixings including sliced onions and pickles.
- Bierhaus Bratwurst – Bring Oktoberfest fun to the menu any time of year by serving a bratwurst on a split buttered pretzel stick with sauerkraut and a hot drizzle of beer cheese.
- Mad – Winner of the 2022 Beer Cheese Throwdown, the irresistible flatbread is topped with Ciclops Beer Cheese, tender grilled chicken, fried-to-perfection cherry peppers, crispy bacon, a secret cheese blend and finished with a steamy, scotch-bonnet, ranch drizzle on top
- Beer – The Runner-up recipe of the Beer Cheese Throwdown features Crescent Moon’s Kinkaider Devils Gap Jalapeno Ale for the beer cheese bites—it’s a variation from the typical wheat beer while still possessing a familiarity to the foodie taking part in the experience.
Craft Beer Cheese Dip and Craft Beer Cheese Dip from J.T.M. Food Group make it simple to bring all the fun and craveability of beer cheese to trendy LTOs—and regular menu items—without adding work behind the scenes. Just heat, customize and serve!
2022 Beer Chese Throwdown – J.T.M. Food Group is asking current and prospective foodservice operators (restaurants, catering, c-stores, business & industry, college & university and more!) to submit innovative recipes using J.T.M.’s fully prepared beer cheese or beer cheese base.
To learn more, visit jtmfoodgroup.com.
This post is sponsored by JTM Food Group