Over eight decades have passed since the first Dickey’s Barbecue Pit opened its doors in Dallas, and it’s still growing.
In July, August and September, for example, the chain opened 10 locations. They included:
- Alberta, Canada: Opened Aug.12, operated by Zainab Abba Aji and Sukhwinder Benipal.
- Los Angeles: Opened Aug.18, operated by Vandad Shemaran and Jesse Park.
- Portales, New Mexico: Opened Sept.16, operated by Bruce Nixon.
- Sewell, New Jersey: Opened Sept.14, operated by Christopher Bruno.
- Norwich, New York: Opened July 7, operated by David Cirello.
- Canton, North Carolina: Opened Aug.5, operated by Joshua Cowan.
- Waynesburg, Pennsylvania: Opened Aug.22, operated by Cyndi Yorio.
- Aubrey, Texas: Opened July 28, operated by Jean Guillory.
- Wesley Chapel, Florida: Opened Sept. 9th, operated by Bruce Nixon.
- Gainesville, Florida: Opened Sept.16th, operated by Jose Camblor.
“We’re thrilled to experience so much momentum for our brand across the country and even beyond,” Laura Rea Dickey, CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants Inc., said in a company press release. “The Dickey’s family just continues to grow, and we’re incredibly grateful for each one of our franchise operators that makes it possible. And what’s even better is that we have many more awesome franchisees coming on board who will be keeping that growth smokin’ in the months and years ahead.”
Dickey’s has over 600 locations.